Membership in the Grand Blanc Senior Center is open to all area persons over the age of 50. Grand Blanc Township or City of Grand Blanc residency is not required for membership. The Grand Blanc Senior Center and Staff are committed to making the Grand Blanc Senior Center a focal point where older persons of all ethnic, economic, and religious backgrounds, may come together as individuals or in groups for programs and services which enhance dignity, support independence, provide stimulating educational opportunities and encourage involvement within the community.
Download the Membership Manual (PDF) or call the Grand Blanc Senior Center at 810-695-3202 with any questions.
To sign up for membership by mail, print and complete the Membership Form (PDF), print and sign the Waiver (PDF), and return them both with your payment by mail to the Senior Center at:
Grand Blanc Senior Center
12632 Pagels Drive
Grand Blanc, MI 48439
Please make checks payable to "Grand Blanc Township"
Membership fees at the Grand Blanc Senior Center help us meet the needs of a growing population by providing the best services available to promote personal growth, health, friendship, and independence for adults aged 50 and over. Membership entitles an individual to participate in all educational, social/recreational, volunteer, and other regularly scheduled activities and special events. Memberships are good for one year from the date of registration and renewal notices are mailed to the member prior to expiration. Memberships are tax deductible
- Annual membership fees for the Grand Blanc Senior Center are $10 per person
Rules for Participation
In order for everyone to enjoy activities and services in safety and comfort, participants are asked to abide by the following rules:
- Individuals shall not engage in any activity which is disruptive to the legitimate use of the Senior Center premises by others.
- Individuals may not engage in any activity that may present a danger to themselves or to others.
- Individuals may not: (a) Panhandle (b) Use inappropriate language (Obscene, Abusive, Loud, or Rude) (c) Threaten or demean others (d) Solicit for any purpose without prior approval (e) Use tobacco products (smoking is permitted outside the Senior Center building-25ft from entrance ways or airways)
- The starting or spreading of malicious gossip and rumors will not be tolerated.
- Individuals may not participate in any illegal activity while on Senior Center premises.
- Individuals may not participate in Senior Center activities and services while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs or while carrying a weapon.
- Individuals may not abuse or steal Senior Center property.
- Personal hygiene must not be offensive to others.
- Individuals may not seriously change/alter/move scheduled program activities or building furnishings without prior approval by Office Staff.
- Individuals must leave premises in the same condition in which they found it.
- Individuals may not bring pets (except Certified Service Animals ) into the Senior Center building. Service animals must be handled appropriately at all times.
In addition, all individuals must:
- Be able to function on the Senior Center premises without one-to-one assistance or supervision by Senior Center Staff. Any individuals from Adult Foster Care Facility, Group Home, Skilled Nursing Facility or any other Supervised Program must have an individual caregiver accompany them at all times while at the Center. One caregiver per person, no exceptions.
- Be able to walk safely and independently when on the Senior Center premises (or use a wheelchair independently) .Senior Center Staff and Members are not able to provide assistance to those with mobility concerns. Individuals must provide their own caregiver is assistance is needed.
- Understand their responsibility and be able to conform their behavior to the Rules of Participation of the Senior Center.
Failure to abide by these Rules of Participation may result in an individual being asked to leave the premises until such a time as they are willing to conform to these Rules.
12632 Pagels Drive
Grand Blanc, MI 48439
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
8 AM to 4 PM
Misty Moen, Senior Services Cooridinator
Patrick Linihan, Director of Parks and Recreation
This program/service is partially or fully funded by the Genesee County Senior Services Millage. Your tax dollars at work.
This program/service is partially or fully funded by Genesee County Community Development Block Grants.
The Grand Blanc Senior Center is a partnership of the Charter Township of Grand Blanc and the City of Grand Blanc. It is managed by Grand Blanc Township and is a division within the Department of Parks and Recreation.