Planning & Zoning
Planning and Zoning provides expertise and information to advise and assist public and private development and decision-makers in achieving the best possible development, redevelopment, and improvements for the benefit of everyone who lives here, works here, and visits the Township.
Planning and Zoning services are provided Monday through Friday.
- What is zoning?
- How can I verify the land use and/or zoning of my property?
- I received a Notice of Public Hearing in the mail. What does this mean?
- What can I do in my zoning district?
- Where can I find information on the setbacks, maximum lot coverage, minimum roadway frontage, height or density allowed on my property?
- Where can I find a copy of the Zoning Ordinance?
- I am considering rezoning, or changing the use of my property. What do I need to do?
- Where can I find applications online? Can they also be downloaded and turned in online?
- How long does the development review process take?
- May I have a home-based business?
- May I operate a daycare for children in my home?
- Where can I build a fence on my residential property?
- Can I have a storage shed or garage that is not attached to my house on my property?
- Can I split (subdivide) my land?
- Is a garage apartment allowed?
- Where can I park my boat or RV?
- Does my pool or other accessory structure have to meet the same setbacks as my house?
- How do I register a complaint about a troublesome neighbor or nuisance property in my neighborhood?